Receiving a positive diagnosis for chronic illness can be earth shattering and heart breaking. Time seems to freeze, and as my clients remember every detail of that moment they describe the feeling of being in a dream, inability to focus, anger, and difficulty making decisions; all at a time when they would like to be sharp and present in real time. Sleep often suffers. Without understanding, these feelings can last a long time.
We begin with a free thirty minute consultation. We will discuss the coaching process, your specific needs, and a personalized plan for you.
The Breast Cancer Recovery Coaching program consists of an individualized weekly session typically for 8 weeks. Coaching may be provided in person, over the phone, or via Skype. Topics might include:
- Anxiety Busters – coping tools
- Through coaching, my clients begin to understand where they are, where they want to end up, and develop self-management techniques to successfully navigate from one to the other.
- I share basic simple tools designed to calm the mind and relax the body almost instantly. Most may be used in public to help manage anxious feelings such as the doctor’s waiting room, treatment rooms, waiting in line at the grocery store, and when finding it difficult to sleep.
- Enhanced Immune Function
- The mind/body connection is one science does not ignore. My Breast Cancer Recovery tools may allow you to influence your subconscious in a positive way.
- Often clients begin to lose connection with their kinesthetic feelings, perhaps feeling betrayed by one’s own body. Through the coaching process my client begins a guided exploration of kinesthetic feelings, reconnecting in a nurturing way.
- Resources within you
- Developing methods for self management
- symptoms such as nausea
- Celebrate your femininity
- Question/answer – During each session I will answer any question about my personal experience with my own breast cancer diagnosis, decisions, and outcomes. I am not a licensed health care practitioner and will not provide medical advice, opinions, or recommendations. However through the coaching process we can work together to develop a strategy for you to approach your own medical team with questions, concerns, and requests for information to aide you in your decision making.
In addition I offer:
- Coaching sessions for family and friends of cancer patients.
- A three session pre-biopsy protocol which contains select portions of the Breast Cancer Recovery Coaching program applicable to the biopsy process. These three sessions can be credited to the Breast Cancer Recovery Coaching program if you choose to complete the entire program later.
- I also invite women who would like to be prepared in the event of a breast cancer diagnosis in the future, to join me as well. Perhaps you are in a high risk category, have a family history of breast cancer, have had a “let’s take another look” mammogram, or are scheduled for a biopsy.
- Smoking Cessation Program- If you are a smoker, your doctor may encourage you to stop especially during your treatment/healing process. The chemicals in cigarette smoke can negatively affect healing, especially if surgery is involved.